Why a name?
Ive actually never seemed to look into the meaning behind my name, but now that I did I understand that it is the perfect name for me. My full name is Cindy Valdez Nolasco in which both Valdez and Nolasco are last names, one from each parent. As my mother always told me my second oldest brother Mike picked out the name "Cindy" for me. While on the hospital floor, he was looking through the name book and convinced my mother that "Cindy" (Sin-dee) was the perfect name forme. He said it was perfect because it was short and easy to pronounce.
The English meaning behind the name "Cindy" is that it is a diminutive of Cynthia, Lucinda, and Cinderella. Typically people with this name have a desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing knowledge, money, and experience. This describes me so well because I am always willing to help others in anyway possible. I can also see how the name is a diminutive because growing up people would always ask me if my name was a nickname assuming that I had a longer name. Although my name seems to be quick and easy it has carried some weight into my life when it comes to others pronouncing it and spelling it. The name "Cindy" can be spelled many different ways and also is very similar to the name "Sidney" or "Sandy" therefore over the course of my life I have gotten used to people not being able to pronounce my name correctly or calling me names similar to the ones above. This does not stop me from loving my name, I constantly thank my brother and mother for giving such a easy and short name.
I would never change my first name but after marriage I do plan on changing my last name to my husband last name only. Unlike myself some people have longer first names or even nicknames given by family members. My opinion on this is that I don't seem to see a problem with it, sometimes when you call a person by their nickname there seems to be a bond giving you the opportunity to call that person by their nickname.
I now would like to go back to back to where I mentioned that individuals with the name "Cindy" have a desire to serve humanity and to give to others. Well, individuals with the name "Cindy" also tend to be stubborn and impatient at times. It seems to be a great thing to always want to help others but sometimes I tend to forget about myself. I sometimes feel as if im "two" one part of me is very impatient and is always willing to help others because I feel as if I don't help them they won't get it right but that at times it can later be a problem for myself. This has happened to me a couple times, a friend tends to need help a lot and I am always there. Later on the second part of me comes out when I have personal things going on, the stubborn part of me comes out. I don't help out the friend so then they tend to think I am mean or don't want to help out anymore. It's not that I don't want to help it's just that I am always there for them they get used to it but later on it comes back around and it becomes a problem when I am not allowed to help. This a problem that I do need work on, I need to learn how to only help others to a certain extend and think about myself a little more.
Comments
Post a Comment