IOC PRACTICE
A: 6 I believe I show a good understanding of the text, had a little trouble connecting things but yes I feel as if I connected the idea of how we can see how Macbeth begins to show his ambition and really believe in the supernatural (witches). I did reference to specific lines in the text as well to show stuff. I feel like I could have gone deeper on how the specific evidence connects to the novella as a whole.
B: 2 ahhhh.. I don't think I said anything on things affect the reader at all, I ran out of time and did not want to go over 10 minutes!! Definitely will include it in the real IOC!
C: 3 I did plan it and said everything I wanted to in the correct order. To get better scoring I could work on not going back to what I said before. I also repeated myself a lot which also affects my score as well.
D: 2... I suck at grammar sadly.. I said um, and like a lot. I did not speak in a formal way and could really work on my language and finding the right words to say when referencing to something

Hey girl! Personally, I felt as though you did have a clear understanding of your passage as a whole. One mistake that I made was to focus a lot of my time on the novel rather than just the passage I was given. I would advise you to try and refrain from filler words/phrases such as "um" "like" "okay" and "I guess." We all get nervous girl but you got this :). I liked how real you sounded if that makes any sense, you didn't try to use any fancy words or over elaborate your sentences, which I've noticed in some other IOCs #shade? that I've listened to. I feel as though the IB assessors will appreciate this. You really did a good job of breaking down all the quotes that you gave and explaining them. I agree with all three themes that you mentioned in your IOC in regards to Macbeth and his tragic downfall. Good job!
ReplyDeletehehe I am just now reading this! Thanks girl!
DeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteA: 5
B: 3 (be sure you are thinking about effect on reader (review this part of the rubric and the questions at the top of this criterion))
C: 2-3
D: 3
Need a bit more introduction here; additionally, there was no thesis. Remember that the whole point of the IOC is to construct an oral essay in which you decide on the purpose of the passage and how the author develops that purpose. You really just jump into analyzing what you notice in the passage and it's not linked together.
Make reminders for yourself in your planning (so if you're using one example for ambition, make a note of what you see as far as the diction and/or syntax connected to ambition in that example).
Stay close to the passage- try not to give too much of your own opinion. I think the IOC review session probably helped you know what I might suggest for this passage (and for any other passage you receive)