IT WAS - IB Class of 2018

The Lord Baron 
#ItWas


I can truly say that it was a great time doing IB and I am so glad that I got to experience so many great memories with the same people over the course of two years! For this blog post I am to write about the different memories that occurred while in Ib that I will hold on to forever! 

- Habitat for Humanity: Volunteering my junior year with the IB kids was so much fun, it was a great experience to be able to collaborate with my classmates and I truly believe I became closer with those I got volunteer with including Mr. Baron! 

- IB History field trip: I will forever remember the IB history field trip, It was so fun and it was cool to be able to see something that we learned about in class! Im very interested in agriculture so it was cool to be able to see the plantations in Knightdale. Overall my favorite part of the trip is when the lady told us about her ghost stories, everyone was so scared haha! 

- CAS Project and CAS Show: For my CAS project I built a wooden desk and It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be but it got done! Mr. Baron really enjoyed my project and senior year he asked me along with a couple of others to present my CAS project to the IB juniors. At first I was very hesitant because I did not think my CAS project was interesting and I was also kind of nervous to speak in front of the juniors, overall I enjoyed it and it made me very good about myself because later on Mr. Baron told me that due to my presentation it inspired juniors to then build something for their CAS project. 

- PAWS Breakfast: This year I got selected to speak to underclassmen at the PAWS breakfast. Although it was something small and those students will probably not remember me I will always remember that opportunity. The reason for this is because I myself got selected for the paws breakfast my freshman and sophomore year and I the speakers who spoke to us always inspired me to do better! Never would I have thought that my senior year I would be the one speaking to those students who got selected for the breakfast! 

- IB interest meeting: Mr. Baron asked me along with other students to speak at the IB interest meeting for rising freshman who are interested in Millbrook High School. This was also a great experience because although junior year was a challenging year it felt great to inspire and to challenge incoming freshman so hopefully my words and the other IB students were able to inspire them into doing IB. Throughout the meeting there were a lot of inside jokes between the other IB students and I and that truly means a lot to me because as a class we are so close and I don't think that would've occurred if I would have done just AP classes. 

- Beowulf show at NCSU: Mrs. G had the cutest idea, a lot of IB kids attended the Beowulf show at State and it was so fun! Literally the last two rows were IB kids, it was cool to be able to see something that we studied in class come to life and into a different interpretation! I was able to follow the play as it went and was very interested due to all that we talked about in IB english. 

- Outdoor drama: Anna T, Rachel G, Maria, Anna C, Laura C, and I presented a mini skit imitating Mrs. G, Mr. Grow, Mr. Beller, and Mr. Cope! It was so fun because the fact that we are close to our teachers allowed us to really act and speak like them!  


These are only a few of all the great memories that I will hold on to because of IB! Overall it was a great year and I am so glad that I chose to do IB! It has truly taught me a lot and I have grew in so many ways, it has also been amazing to see everyone else grow and Im proud of all of us as a whole because I knew that we will all do great things in life! 






Comments

  1. Cindy!!! As if this post didn't already have me in my feels! I love that you highlights so many wonderful memories that in the mess of exams and end of the year stress it's easy to forget. You never failed to make my days interesting and fun, I can't wait to see what you do next :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts